Birthday week. If you’ve been around for some time, you know that I don’t necessarily like (to say the least) my birthday. I never organise big birthday parties and I usually prefer to spend it with my family (when possible). The days preceding my birthday are full with ups and downs, and an unexplainable feeling of anxiety and panic overwhelm me. Well, I decided to make this year different. I figured that thinking about the fact that I am getting old and I didn’t achieve enough is slightly unhealthy for a 24 years old. So, I decided to share with you the most important life lessons I’ve learned by this age. Also, at this age, I am more eager to learn than ever, so feel free to leave your own wise lessons in the comments below.
- Love is the most important thing in life. It is better to love and not be loved, than to never get the chance to feel it. Love is always enriching, no matter how hard or painful it is.
- Your mom is usually right. Even if it makes absolutely no sense to you at the moment, you will get back to her words sooner or later
- Learn to love and respect your body. It will bring you more peace than you ever expected. Sleep and drink enough water.
- Travel! Always invest in experiences. They contour your personality.
- There is no such thing as “it’s time”. You have your own time, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with you if you are still in University at 30, while all your friends have families, kids, and prospective jobs.
- You are the only owner of your body. Nobody can tell you what to do or not to do with it.
- Happiness stays in small things.
- Be kind. Always and with everyone. It doesn’t cost you anything.
- Nobody owes you anything and you don’t owe anything to anybody.
- Words hurt more than swords. Not everything you think of is worth saying. Not saying it loud is not dishonesty- it is wisdom.
- Read, read, read. As Will Smith puts it: There’s no new problem that someone hasn’t already had and written about it in a book.
- Getting to know yourself is a hard job, and it can be damn painful.
- Don’t criticise anyone. Only express your opinions towards someone if you are asked for it. Even so, be careful.
- Praise instead. Always express your appreciation.
- You have a special, almost instinctive connection with your country, even if you haven’t been there in a while, even if you think you don’t belong there. It’s in you.
- Never justify your decisions to anyone. It is your life!
- Learn something new every day.
- Know your worth, but don’t you dare think that nobody’s better than you. Never stop evolving.
- Don’t buy things you don’t need. Try to live as sustainable as possible.
- You have your right to your guilty pleasures. Eating that cake doesn’t mean you have no will, it just means you are human.
- Physical activity is important. Pick one that you like and do it consistently.
- Work will take you further than talent.
- Don’t judge!
- Always follow your heart!
So i guess no “tears” this year on ur Bday 😅 well that’s good, save ur tears for my 30th Birthday, we’ll cry together 🤦🏻♀️😢
Haha…well, a little tear never killed nobody. And then, I always love to keep the traditions 😀
I love these facts!! Happy Birthday!!
Love these pictures. And I so agree with all your points- #3, 5 and 7 are closest to me! Happy birthday babe!
Thank you, dear!
Love this list! Here’s to another amazing 24 years. This look is so chic and elegant!
Yes to #2 – my mom is always right LOL! Happy birthday! xo, Bian- BlovedBoston
😀 Thank you, Biana!
this outfit is amazing! how beautiful you look in it! and thank you for sharing these. all of them are my favorites! x
have a lovely day!
You look very gorgeous in that outfit, the colour combo is amazing! Such a nice recap of lessons you’ve learned.
Little Glittery Box
All 24 things are great things to live by! Glad you learned them in your early 20’s!
So many life lessons! I’m turning 25 this September and I can see myself in many of your lessons!
Wishing you all the best
Thanks, Diana! And happy birthday to you, girl!
Such a lovely post – and really inspirational too! I hope I’ll have learned these things too by the time I turn 24!
I am sure you will learn your own powerful lessons. Thank you, Thea!
These are all great lessons beautiful, I couldn’t agree more. You look stunning, I love the pearl accent xx
Much love, xx
Happy happy birthday! These lessons are all so valuable but can be tough to learn – thanks so much for sharing such brilliant advice!
Thank you, Heather!
I love your classy outfit…You look like the new Audry!Regarding the life quotes I’m agree with all of them, especially with the first 4!
Oh, new Audrey is too big of a compliment. Thanks, Sophia!
This is such a lovely post dear, and I couldn’t agree more, especially on number 8. Reminds me of what Ellen says every end of her show – “be kind to one another.” Indeed, kindness doesn’t cost a thing – pass it around! Anyway, looking fab out there! I absolutely love the pink pants!
Jessica | notjessfashion.com
Love the mixture of retro and new. This is such a lovely outfit 🙂 https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/08/the-oreo-effect-monochrome-b-style.html
This is such a beautiful post! I really enjoy reading all of your tips and I completely agree with you. You are so beautiful Pearson inside and outside and I’m really happy because I can read your posts.
Your outfit is gorgeous! I I really like it. I wish you great week!
Thank you, dear! That is so kind!
Wow these are all amazing things! Definitely so inspiring and I totally agree with the “read, read read” one!
-Emily | https://www.TheEmilyEdition.com
Thank you, Emily!
This is such a beautiful and classic look! Happy birthday beautiful. And yes, Mom is always right and she is the best person in life. XO, Ellese
Yours too? Haha 😀 .. Thank you, Ellese!
Happy Birthday, gorgeous girlie! I couldn’t agree more with all you’ve mentioned here, especially the one on timing is all dependent on the individual. We often feel pressure to accomplish certain things by a specific age because of society or family, but it really is dependent upon so many circumstances that tie into our individual lives. Enjoy 24, girl!
THE STYLE CONTOUR
Thank you so much, Jalisa!
This outfit is northing short of extraordinary! I love your blog babe!! #nailedit
Oh, I am so glad you do! I’ll make sure to not disappoint!
This is such a pretty ensemble, you look elegant! Have a fun birthday!
Thank you, Mercy!
Wow lovely! These are all so true! I loved each and every one of them. You are wiser than most people, double or even triple your age! Be totally proud of who you are. You look amazing too!
Oh, that is so king of you, Janet! Thank you very much!
Aw! Happy bday darling!
Thank you, Ruben!
Woow dear! Your look is amazing! I hope you had a great birthday!
Have fun! xx
La ilusión de Nina – https://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/
Thank you, Nina! Yes, I had a wonderful day!
Love this post ! Happy 24th birthday babe, and that look is beyond fabulous !
Thank you, Caroline!
Such a nice post and you look so gorgeous in this look.
Thank you, Gemma!
Great list and great outfit! Happy birthday!
This outfit is pure magic! Sensational styling….phenomenal photography….
Love the polka dot blouse…and the pink palazzo trousers are a dream.
You learned a lot by 24! You shared some great things! I do agree that we need to work to further our talent.
Oh…that is so kind! Thank you very much, Ivana!
So in love with your outfit! I hope you had an amazing birthday! You are so right about the things you´ve learned.
I did have a beautiful day, thank you!
Never justify your decisions in your life is so true. I think people judge to much because they are unhappy with themselves and shop,d focus more on their own issues and less on others lives. I love your style here it is so pretty and happy birthday. I hope your having a lovely week 🙂 https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/08/6-ways-to-be-minimalist-with-mulberry.html
I totally agree with you. Whenever people are being judgy, they reveal their own frustrations.
Love this outfit! Hope you had a great birthday!
Thank you! I did !
PLEASE FOLLOW ME: THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS
This outfit is so chic! I wish I dressed so well when I was 24.
What a lovely post. LOVE the 24 things and the photos. So stunning!
E || OH LA LATKES
You look amazing in this chic look! Loving the pink pants
Wat a beautifully written post, also I’m loving your pictures and the fact that they have a vintage vibe and style while you’re only 24 but speaking wise words, what a lovely contrast! Couldn’t agree more with red, red, red, I will also add listen, listen, listen. Thank you!
With love from London,
Thank you so much, Whit! That is a wise addition!
A very pretty outfit!
The polka-dot blouse, great, associated with this pink pentalon.
I adhere to this idea.