Hello, dears! And Happy 2018! I have been disconnected for a while, and I apologize for my absence, but during the past two weeks I lived a real life. Real people, real emotions, real smiles. The online world is charming, as nothing seems impossible here; but it can be extremely exhausting and the real one is no worse, I promise. Anyways, as this is the first post of 2018, I want to share with you five things I learned in the past year. It has been a hard year, emotionally heavy, with ups and downs and less material achievements than any other year until now. But the most important thing I went out of it with was that I am much stronger now and I’ve learned 5 major lessons:
- I have never been a fatalist, nor am I now, but I swear it would have been easier to live, if there was someone like fate to be “blamed”. I don’t believe in fate, but I believe in an equilibrium now and the biggest thing I learned is to be patient. You send messages to the universe, but, guess what?, this guy does not immediately reply. Things happen when they should happen, not the exact moment you want them to happen. Give time some time.
- I have always been an optimist and I always knew, in principle, that no matter how down you are, there will definitely be an up. But that was in principle. And yes, 2017 gave me doubts at some points that light will come, but I learned to be stronger than that and believe more than ever!
- Share! I am an introvert, and while I am always ready to listen and to help other people overcome their own interior problems, I never talk about mine. Well, I learned to do that, I convinced myself that there are people around me that deserve to know not only the strongest of me, but the weakest too. I allowed myself to be weak. It is the hardest ting I have ever done.
- Love is all that matters! I always knew that. But now I know that this is the feeling that can move mountains. I learned that the biggest gift you get is to actually love and not necessarily be loved. I am lucky to have both, and I am infinitely grateful for that!
- Less self-doubt. I did not achieve that yet, but I made important steps and work with myself to get there. And I managed to stop comparing myself to others- a life-changing lesson.
For 2018 all I want is health, to find balance and to be happy with who I am. The list is short this year, but the future is big, I know that!
This is probably the most honest of my posts, and, trust me, it was not easy to actually press “publish”. But because I decided to be closer to you this year, I will open the door more to myself. Thank you for being there for me in 2017 and let us have a wonderful 2018!
P.S. We reached 10k on Instagram and I am extremely thankful for that! THANK YOU!
Outfit details: Zara coat, & Other Stories knitwear, & Other Stories bag
Love your style!
Beauty & Colour | Vegan Lifestyle Blog
I am glad you do, Caitlin!
Now that’s edgy. Lovely outfit dear. Love the coat and turtle neck combo, and love that you paired it with white rubber shoes.
Jessica | notjessfashion.com
Thank you, Jessica!
Love your coat dear! And a few things from what you learn in 2017 reminds me of the book The Alchemist. It’s definitely a confidence boost! You should read it when you feel low again. Happy New Year!
Thank you, Margaret! I have read it long ago. Probably it’s time to re-read it!
Stat believing, try to lessen the doubt in yourself. Always remember that you can do anything if you put your heart into it. Happy New Year!
StyleSprinter Blog by Katya Bychkova
Thank you, Katya! I am a believer, my problem is that I am a perfectionist. And life is not perfect :).
But I am working on changing this ;).
Indeed, loving is the best gift! Hope you had a fab 2017. xx
It was not perfect, but let’s hope for a better 2018 😉
Happy New Year! 2017 definitely seemed to be a difficult year for most people. Here’s to hoping for a more effortless 2018
Cheers to a better 2018!